Cold, miserable day outside? Check!
Need warming up? Check!
Want comfort food? Check!
This is such an easy yet satisfying soup that will warm your cockles and fill you up, leaving you feeling happy.
Makes a huge saucepan, enough for 4 and leftovers.
2 butternut squash
2 chopped onions
4 garlic gloves, finely sliced
1 tbsp butter
2 green chillies, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
2 vegetable stock cubes
850ml hot water
1. Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6. Peel and chop the butternut squash, carrots and parsnips into large chunks. Place them on a baking tray and drizzle over some oil. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes, turning half way through
2. Whilst the veg is cooking, in a large saucepan, sweat the chopped onions with the garlic and chillies until soft.
3. When the veg is soft, add them to the pan of onions.
4. Make up the stock with the hot water and 2 stock cubes and salt & pepper. Pour over the veg in the pan. Stir in 4 tbsp of creme fraiche and a good shake of turmeric. Blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
5. Reheat when ready to serve
6. Swirl over some creme fraiche and sprinkle over some chopped chives
The sweetness of the butternut squash and the spiciness of the chillies make this dish divine! Serve with some buttery crusty bread! Delicious.