We love a good tv snack here at RDK towers :p and what with the weather being quite frankly, rubbish! What’s better than a hot tv snack?!
What we need is a big bowl of comfort. This is where spicy fries come into place.
What you’ll need:
Potatoes (I used 3 for 2 people)
Handful of flour
Cajun spice mix
Salt & pepper
1. Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6. Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into thick wedges. Put in a pan full of water and boil for 4 minutes
2. In a large bowl, put in the flour and all of the spices and mix together
3. When the potatoes have cooked for 4 minutes, coat thoroughly with the spice mix and leave to cool slightly
4. Put the fries on a baking tray and cover the fries in a little oil. Cook on the top shelf of the oven on gas mark 6 for approximately an hour, turning every so often until golden and crispy
5. When the fries are cooked, in a small bowl or ramekin, pour in some sour cream and mix in some chopped chives
Nom nom, a great snack to share whilst watching trashy tv.