Calorie overload! But SO worth it!…
This is a plate full of oozy, cheesy goodness. Not one to eat everyday, but makes a great special Saturday meal in.
It does take quite a while and there are a few things that have to be done at the same time, so the kitchen can get a bit heated. But, if you prepare ahead, it’ll help.
Garlic and herb cream cheese
Salt and pepper
Blue cheese (I used Stilton- currently obsessed!)
1. Prepare the chicken. Remove all fat and flatten the chicken with a rolling-pin in between some cling film. Make a slit in the side to make a pocket. Spoon in some of the cream cheese
2. Lay down 2 pieces of Parma ham, slightly overlapping. Place the breast about half way down the ham and roll. Ensuring the slit is covered well. Repeat with all the chicken breasts and then set aside, covered, in the fridge
3. Wash and quarter the potatoes, place in an oven proof dish with a little oil. Chop in some garlic and spring onions. Season with salt and pepper. Put a bit of butter around the potatoes. Put in the oven on gas mark 6 for 20 minutes, then turn and put back in for another 20 minutes and turn again
4. Wash and chop the asparagus to fit into a small over dish. Rub the asparagus with a little oil. Chop in some garlic
5. Put the chicken in the oven for 6 minutes then turn and return for another 6 minutes. In a frying pan, cook the chicken on high for a few minutes on each side to crisp up the ham. When the chicken is crispy, leave to rest in the pan for a few minutes. Whilst in the frying pan cook the asparagus
6. Place the asparagus in the oven for 12 minutes. After the 12 mins, grate over some parmesan and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
7. Also whilst the asparagus is cooking, in a pan, melt the blue cheese in the cream. When totally melted, add in the spinach until melted. Add to the dish of potatoes and cook until the asparagus is done
(My camera steamed up!)
8. Dish up!