Well, I’m back from a lovely week in Spain with my husband and in-laws and back to typical English weather! I felt sad that my lovely husband had to go straight back to work out in the cold, so decided to bake him something yummy to welcome him back home. He loves chocolate (and we may have bought a massive bag of mini daim bars and a massive bar of Lindt in duty free at Malaga airport!) so I thought I’d use lots of the good stuff.
110g caster sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
50g cocoa powder
chopped diam bars (I used quite a few, just can’t remember how many!)
110g self raising flour
4 tablespoons milk
For the topping:
Milk chocolate Lindt (again I used a bit, just can’t remember how much!)
Crushed cornflakes (again, see above)
1. Cream together the butter and sugar
2. Gradually beat in the eggs and then add the vanilla extract
3. Fold in the cocoa powder
4. Sift in the flour
5. Gently mix in the chopped daim bars
6. Spoon into 12 cake cases in a muffin tin and cook in the oven at gas mark 4 for approximately 12-15 minutes or until golden on top
7. Leave to cool, then melt the chocolate and spoon over the cakes. Whilst the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle over the crushed cornflakes.
Sorry that there’s not more photos, but I just quickly made them up as I had the dreaded holiday washing to do!