This is my current* favourite meal.
It has everything that I love. Chicken, a creamy sauce, roast potatoes, cheese, veg…
This would make a fabulous romantic meal for two or just a really great midweek/weekend meal.
White wine (optional)
Cream (I use double)
- Prepare the veg. Peel the carrots and cut into batons. Slice the ends of the green beans and snap the asparagus. Put into a pan of water. Slice a lemon and squeeze into the veg and water. Place the slices into the pan. Set aside.
- Wash the new potatoes and slice in half. Put them into a roasting tray along with some olive oil, as much garlic as you like, rosemary and sprinkle on some sea salt. Slice the other lemon and squeeze over the potatoes. Then chop the lemon and arrange in the tray.
- Cut the blood/fat off the chicken breast and place in another (small) roasting tray. Pour over the white wine until the breast are covered (if not using wine, you could use water with a stock cube in). Wrap the tray in foil.
- Turn the oven onto gas mark 4. Put the potatoes on the middle shelf and the chicken on the bottom.
- Turn the potatoes after half an hour and set the timer for another 30 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, pour in the cream and put some chopped garlic in. Crumble the Stilton into the cream. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, Bring the veg to the boil.
- Turn the potatoes.
- When the vegetables are nearly ready (depending if you prefer them al dente or soft) turn the cream in the pan onto a low heat. Keep stirring until the Stilton melts and the sauce is warm. Do not boil the cream.
- Now, if you want too, you can quickly fry the chicken on a high heat to brown it or just dish it up.
- It’s time to plate up! Serve the chicken with the Stilton sauce on with the crispy potatoes and veg on the side, you can remove the lemon if you so wish.
If anyone tries this, I really hope you enjoy eating it and the smell if gives, as much as I do 🙂
*This could change at anytime :p